Brother Mfc j6945dw Wireless Setup
Perform any one of the methods to configure the Brother MFC J6945DW wireless setup printer.
Procedures For Wireless Setup
Procedure 1 - WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) Push method
- To perform this method to configure the Brother MFC J6945DW printer, your wireless router should support WPS.
- On the home screen of the Brother MFC J6945DW printer panel, tap the Settings icon for brother Mfc j6945dw wireless setup.
- Select All Settings Network option WLAN WPS. Now, you can see the Enable WLAN? question on the display panel of the Brother MFC J6945DW printer. Tap the Yes option to enable the WLAN feature.
- Once the touch screen panel of the printer prompts to begin WPS, find the WPS button at the rear side of your wireless router and press it.
- The Brother MFC J6945DW printer tries to connect to the wireless router when you press OK on the printer's control panel of the printer.
- The printer’s LCD panel shows the Connected message only if the wireless network connection between the Brother MFC J6945DW printer and the wireless router is successful.
- Once done with the steps mentioned above, download the Full Driver & Software Package file from the official Brother website.
- The downloaded installer file is saved in the Downloads folder by default.
- Make sure to install this installer file on your computer as per the on-screen guidelines.
- While installing, specify Wireless as the connection type.
Procedure 2 - WPS PIN method
- After selecting the Settings icon on the home screen of the Brother MFC J6945DW printer, tap Wi-Fi WPS w / PIN Code.
- When the Enable WLAN message appears on the LCD panel of the printer, touch the Yes option to enable the WLAN feature for brother Mfc j6945dw wireless setup.
- This will start the wireless setup wizard on the printer’s LCD panel, and you will see an eight-digit PIN. Make sure to note or remember the eight-digit PIN correctly.
- Once the Brother MFC J6945DW printer searches for your wireless router, go to a computer that is connected to a wireless network.
- Enter the IP address of the wireless router in the web browser’s address bar.
- When the wireless router’s login page opens, type the user name and password in the appropriate fields and select the Sign In or Login option.
- Navigate to the WPS settings page, enter the eight-digit PIN that you have noted from the LCD panel of the printer, and continue with the on-screen steps to finish the wireless setup.
- If you are using your computer as a registrar instead of the wireless router, carry out the simple steps given below.
- After clicking the Windows icon, select the Windows System option followed by the Control Panel option.
- Navigate to the Hardware and Sound section and select the Add a device option.
- Select the Brother MFC J6945DW printer, click the Next button, and enter the eight-digit PIN appeared on the printer’s LCD panel for brother Mfc j6945dw wireless setup.
- Select the Next option followed by the Close option.
- Once done with the wireless network configuration, download and install the Full Driver & Software Package file on the computer.
Procedure 3 - Control panel
- Download the Brother printer driver from its official website and start its installation on your computer by double-clicking it in the Downloads folder.
- Specify the installation language, accept the license agreement of the Brother software, and select the Wireless option in the Connection Type window.
- Go to the Brother MFC J6945DW printer’s touch screen panel, select Wi-Fi Setup Wizard Yes.
- Select the network name (SSID) and type the network key (password) of your wireless router.
- You will see the Connection Successful message on the LCD panel of the Brother MFC J6945DW printer only if the wireless network connection is successful.
- Tap the OK option and proceed with the rest of the instructions displayed on the screen to complete the brother Mfc j6945dw wireless setup.